Demonstrating Student Mastery with Digital Badges and Portfolios
By David Niguidula
In Demonstrating Student Mastery with Digital Badges and Portfolios , David Niguidula shows how students can meet standards and express their individuality through digital badges and portfolios. Building off an essential question - What do schools want their students to know and be able to do? - he then shows how schools can implement a proficiency-based approach to student learning that has been successfully field-tested in districts across the United States.
In manageable steps, readers are guided through the implementation process.
The book shows readers how to:
- Connect standards to badges.
- Create portfolio worthy tasks.
- Develop common rubrics and a common understanding of what work is considered "good enough"
- Guide students in curating the elements of their portfolios.
- Promote authentic student reflection on their work.
Richer Picture Podcasts
Monthly (All 2022-23 available now)
New England ISTE Webinar
April 9, 7:00 pm
Edu Talk Radio
March 25, 10:30 am
Teachers Teaching Teachers
February 27, 3:00 pm
February 5, 3:00 pm
BAM Radio Network
Each chapter covers a key step in implementing digital badges and portfolios at your school. Click on the blog post for each chapter to learn more!